Thursday 25 September 2014

New Mac purchases | prettylittlewriter

Over the past couple of weeks or so I've gathered a few new Mac products either via Duty Free at the Airport or ordering online after my recent student loan came through! So I thought I'd give you a little review on what I think about them.


I've purchased three new lipstick shades, Rebel, Good Kisser and Ruby Woo. Good Kisser is from the Limited Edition A Novel Romance Collection. Unfortunately most of the lipsticks are sold out online and in store, however the Duty Free Mac Stall at Manchester Airport had Good Kisser still available so I grabbed it straight away!



Rebel

Good Kisser

Ruby Woo


As you can see, each of these shades are well pigmented. Rebel being a satin finish, it adds some shine to your lips and Ruby Woo and Good Kisser are both matte shades.
Rebel is a great shade for autumn/winter, with it's dark plum colouring and Ruby Woo is deep red shade which would look lovely for autumn/winter make up. 
Good Kisser is a bright pink shade which adds a bit of pop! to any look and is perhaps more of a summer shade.

One thing I will say is Ruby Woo is quite stiff when applying it to your lips; compared to the other two the application is a lot harder and it doesn't just slide on gracefully.


 I think my favourite shades out of these are Good Kisser and Ruby Woo.

Moving on to eyeshadow, I purchased the shade Woodwinked.




This shade is described as a warm antiqued gold and highly pigmented. As you can see, it gives a lovely shimmer to your lids and is a bronze/gold shade.

And last but not least, I finally caved and bought the Studio Sculpt Foundation is NW20. 



As you can see, the shade is a little dark for my skin tone, however, once blended into my skin it is a great colour and isn't too dark for me. I am also wearing the foundation in the above pictures of me.


So those are my most recent Mac purchases, and there's no doubt in my mind that I will be purchasing many more of their products as I absolutely love them!

Are there any Mac products that you recently purchased that you love?





5 comments:

  1. I bought woodwinked a couple of weeks ago! I wonder if it'll go with rebel.. ;) x

    www.chantellehudson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woodwinked is such a gorgeous shade, i love it! I have studio sculpt foundation on my wishlist, it sounds lovely!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin,
    Stumbled across your blog on bloglovin
    1. Your blog is adorable.
    2. Rebel looks perfect for autumn... I think I need it!

    -Meggy x

    http://thebordeauxbedroom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I am now following you on Bloglovin' too :)
      xoxo

      Delete